I’m Nina Milton, and this blog is all about getting out the laptop or the pen and pad to get writing. My blogposts are focused on advice and suggestions and news for writers, but also on a love reading with plenty of reviews, and a look at my pagan life, plus arts and culture. Get all my posts as they appear by becoming a subscriber. Click below right...

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Short stories (1) – learning to love them

Today, you can read my first post on the new website from Bristol Woment Writers - WritersUnchained.
It's the first of an occasional series about one of my first loves; short stories.

Nina MiltonToday novelist and short story writer Nina Milton gives us the first in a series of posts on the fictional form that is the backbone of the Unchained anthology. 
“During the hour of perusal the soul of the reader is at the writer’s control.”
Edgar Allan Poe, writing in the 1830’s in his usual, Gothic style, had possibly given us our first definition of a short story. That is, something that can be ‘read at one sitting’.  For me, Poe’s definition is spot on…
GO TO http://writersunchained.wordpress.com/blog/  TO READ MORE…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment about this blog!