And in fact, you don't need someone to tell you the answer – you can easily find it out for yourself. In fact you can keep an eye on your progress as a writer as much as you like.
|Jean Burnette, author of Who Needs Mr Darcy and|
A Brazilian Affair, ready at her writing desk
- What works for you as a writer, and what you find difficult
- Why you’re choosing certain genres and ways of writing…or thinking of doing so
- What you think about your abilities – track their improvement
- Commentaries on the books you have read and how they inspired your writing
- The pitfalls and joys of the writer’s life
- Reporting actions
- Voicing opinions
- Creating dialogue
- Narrative lines and 'arcs'
- Structure and plot
- Your understanding and clarification of concepts such as Show, don’t Tell
- Problems of drafting, redrafting, tightening